Apple has shown that they understand that MR devices compete with traditional screens in the physical space.
They haven’t made the same mistake as Meta, of promising virtual worlds where we can meet our friends. The promise is easy to make, very difficult to execute. Also because reality always has more weight than virtual worlds, who cares? They didn’t speak about the metaverse or anything like that. They forged the new term “spatial computing”.
Apple in its typical way of communicating things offers us a simple message. Buy Apple Vision PRO and you will have how, where, and when you want all the screens you want. No more arguing with your wife about where to put the television. You can wash the dishes and have the news of the day ahead of you. You can join a business meeting without having to switch tabs to check your social media.
- The current price is for early adopters and companies that want to explore the potential of this device, not for the mainstream.
- I’m not sure if this device can overcome the natural instinct of the human being not to want his face covered.
- The battery promises a duration of two hours, which seems few to me for use cases.
- I expect a change of direction in Meta communication for the new Quest 3, now.
- “Spatial Computing” is still a hard wording for the mass market.