When I was a young player I used to play a lot to Ultima Online. I played in an Italian shard, with real life friends. Good old times.
You started as a simple peasant with a class and lot of illusion. Then you set your goals. Most of the time I was interacting with other people. That was very interesting to me. Being able to play with a 56k connection. Good old times.
I downloaded yesterday Lost Ark from Smilegate. I don’t know if the product will be successful, but:
- Loading time is extremely long and the game is extremely heavy.
- You already have demonstrated (according to the story) that you are the hero. During the tutorial some god says that you are the chosen one.
- Characters are hyper-sexualized
- Combat system is all about crowd control, which is cool but you put let’s focus on the beauty and nobility of each monster
- You have a mount from the very first moment you join the others in the server
Before you had to sweat to get things, now you have just everything. Or, at least, that is the feeling. In fact, it is a free-to-play game and I guess they will cash at some point. For sure mounts, pets and cosmetics.
My trouble is with the game experience itself. You are not the small fish trying to become a hero and then a semi-god. You are already the hero, the chosen one. What are you trying to achieve, apart from showing-off your combos and powers?
Be First to Comment